Feeling excited about our dreams for our lives is fun, getting started on our goals with enthusiasm is easy, staying on track and being consistent is not easy. This is where most people get off track, their dreams start to feel unattainable and disappointment sets in. Repeat this cycle a bunch of times and you’ve got a belief system that tells you achieving your dreams is not something you’re good at, disappointment feels really bad, so you lower your expectations and stop dreaming big.
That’s a cheery little story, isn’t it?! This rotten cycle is exactly why I am writing this for you today because I am going to teach you how to stay on track for your dreams. Taking consistent, aligned action and being clear about your intentions are all tools and skills that can be learnt and implemented into your life. Making it much likely you will stay the course, keep focussed and achieve what it is you most want.
I am assuming you are clear about what you want to create in your life (if not take a peek at my manifestation process blog and explainer video). Let’s say you got to work on your dream and the first month was pretty easy, you felt excited, and things were going well. However quite soon you got distracted by life stuff, your energy was focused elsewhere, and a couple of months went by without any time and attention being spent on your dream. This is where it’s tough to get back on track because you feel behind, you feel a sense of failure and it takes a lot of energy to start again. I’m sure we can all say we’ve been there – right? It’s totally human, there is nothing to feel bad about.
So…my solution to this is to spend time every month intentionally planning and refocusing to ensure your dreams stay front and centre in your mind, your heart and your actions. This is exactly what I do, it’s what I teach my clients, and it works a treat. I’ll give you a brief checklist.
Staying on Track Checklist
- Set aside some time at the end/ start of each month – at least an hour or two
- Create a space you feel comfortable in e.g. candles, crystals, music etc.
- I start by calling in my intuitive guidance before I let my mind try and figure everything out in a linear way – so I use my oracle/ tarot cards to help me tap into my imagination and intuition.
- I remind myself what areas of life I am focusing on this year, and what are my most heartfelt dreams in those areas – tuning into my intentions.
- I take a review of how the last month has gone…what worked for me and what didn’t? Is my schedule working? How was I feeling? What needs tweaking or adjusting?
- I write down what I am leaving behind in the previous month and what I am creating in this month e.g. leaving behind avoiding my feeling, creating activities and play.
- I write down what my promises to myself are, e.g. my daily rituals, and short terms goals I plan to achieve this month, goals which will take me close to my dreams.
- I stick my written plan up on the wall so I can see it every day and reminded to take aligned action.
For more details take a look at the video where I show you exactly what I do to set myself up for success each month, ensuring that I am staying on track for my dreams and goals.
In addition to the incredible results you can experience from staying track, which is reaching your goals and dreams with consistent, aligned action…being intentional each month feels really good too. I know I am a Virgo and do love a plan, but when I complete my monthly plan, it feels like I am taking care of myself and creating my life with such dedication and love, it makes me feel proud. Feeling proud of ourselves helps to build up self-esteem, which is so important for all things manifestation. Have I convinced you it’s good idea yet? Give it a try and let me know how you get on.
I’m rooting for you, I’m believing in you and I’m here to support and nourish your big dreams, my loves.
From my heart to yours on the blog
To resolution or not to resolution? It's a personal preference whether to have New Year's resolutions or not...personally I don't and I don't recommend it either. The start of a new year is filled to the brim with expectations and pressures, we are serenaded by calls...
What is Joy? An emotion that causes feelings of happiness, delight, and pleasure. To me joy is different to happiness, happiness is fleeting, it comes and goes and is often tied to an external event or experience. My definition of joy is that it’s accessible whether...
Have you ever been having a difficult time and you reach out to a friend for emotional support, and after talking to them you end up feeling worse than when you started? I think we all have and I think we’re usually not taught how to support people we love, or how to...