In the last few months I have massively upped my commitment to my morning ritual and all I can say is how I feel each day, and the results I’m seeing have been f**king epic!
Magical is right, there is 100% magic in creating and following a morning ritual everyday. Before you start rolling your eyes and clicking away, let me tell you it doesn’t need to take hours! It can take just 6 tiny minutes – I think we can all set aside 6 minutes in the morning to fill our selves up and set ourselves for fabulous, creative, successful days.
My initial inspiration for my morning ritual was taken from the book, The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod. Hal outlines 6 elements to the miracle morning:
Perhaps you have already figured out how you can fit it into 6 minutes…? Yes – you spend one minute on each. This is great for super busy days, parents with kids up at the crack of a sparrows fart, whilst travelling etc. etc. However I do invite you to give each step a little more time when you can.
Below I will break it down for you and give you a few practical tips to make it super easy to kick start your days with magic and miracles.
- Meditation – if you are daunted by this – don’t be, find a short You Tube meditation, or download one online – there are thousands you can get for free. Have it handy on your phone so you can put it on first thing when you wake up, before you get out of bed. (If you share your bed – that’s what headphones are for :-))
- Gratitude – write down, or list in your head, 3 things you are grateful for and try to feel that sense of grateful wellbeing flood over you. Some days it’s trickier than others, but I bet can you find 3 little things. Mine are sometimes as simple as my bed, my fluffy cats and my warm home.
- Affirmations – these are ‘I am’ statements in the present tense which remind you to keep up with something or command something new into your reality. E.g. I am happy and high vibe or I am earning £X each month. The trick with these is to write them down and have them somewhere close by so you can remember them easily. 3 – 5 is a good number.
- Visualisation – this is the fun part! Don’t worry if you’re not a very visual person, you can still close your eyes and do this and it will be effective. You can visualise how you want to feel today, bringing that feeling into your body. You can visualise a specific event or circumstance, for example being pregnant or holding your new baby. It is limitless! The trick here is to really feel how would feel if that vision was your reality right now.
- Reading – just a few pages of a good, educational book. My absolute favourite for this is The Power of Awareness by Neville Goddard. It was written a long time and has lots of bible references but it is so short, so clear and to the point. I read it over and over again in these bite sized chunks.
- Exercise – so this is the point at which I get out of bed! This can be whatever you like – most recently I have added a bedroom dance party into my exercise and it is now my favourite part! Create a playlist of your favourite up beat tracks and dance around your room, sing along for extra good vibes! I also do yoga, running, walking, at home toning fitness – what you like – just don’t skip it.
A few general tips when starting out…
- You can start with just 1 or 2, set yourself to succeed by not taking on too much, then bring in the rest when you’ve created a habit.
- Create a visual of your morning routine and put it by your bed – I have one in pretty colours with all my affirmations and the list of practices so there is no way I ‘forget’ to do one.
- Do not beat yourself up if you don’t succeed in completing your morning routine everyday from day 1! Give yourself break, understand that creating a new habit takes discipline and work, and re-commit.
I am so excited for you to get started, or re-commit to your magical morning ritual, I know it will raise your vibration, get you feeling excited and positive, keep front and centre in your mind what is most important to you – and the results will start to show up in your life.
Sending love xx